This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (Product(s)) listed on our website shop.renault.co.uk (our site) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
Renault UK reserves the right to amend product prices at any time in anticipation of any tariffs, duty taxes and/or other costs applicable to it for the importation and/or supply of products after the 31st December 2020.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
- We are Renault Retail Group UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2304689 with our registered office and main trading address at Head Office, Concord Road, Western Avenue, London, W3 0TH. Our VAT number is GB 627 0844 38.
- Our website is operated by Renault U.K. Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 82932 with its registered office and main trading address at The Rivers Office Park, Denham Way, Maple Cross, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire WD3 9YS.
2. SERVICE AVAILABILITY
- Our site is only intended for use by persons resident in the UK and for the delivery of Products in the UK.
- Please note that if you order Products for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. We will not be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. We do not have any control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. You will need to contact the local customs office for further information before placing your Order.
- Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
3. YOUR STATUS
By placing an Order through our site, you warrant that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- you are at least 18 years old;
- you are resident in the UK; and
- you are accessing our site from within the UK.
4. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- After placing an Order(s), you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your Order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Product has been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
5. CONSUMER RIGHTS
- If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within fourteen (14) working days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (set out in Condition 9 below).
- To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing using the details set out in Condition 9. Once we have been informed and have authorised your return of the Products, and in no event later than within 14 days of such authorisation, you must return the Products to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your other statutory rights as a consumer.
6. AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
Your Order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 30 days of the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
7. RISK AND TITLE
- The Products will be at your risk from delivery to the address specified on the Order.
- Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
8. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the Products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- Product prices include VAT.
- Product prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect Orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your Order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is an obvious mistake and could have reasonably been recognised by you as an error.
- We accept payment with all credit and debit cards except American Express. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch your Order.
9. OUR REFUNDS POLICY
If you have changed your mind or the Product is not what you expected, please return it to us within 14 days of receipt of your Order. All Products must be returned unused, sealed and in their original packaging at your expense. We reserve the right to refuse a refund where the items do not meet these conditions. Your email should include the following: Order number, Order date, full name, address and reason for return. Once we have received your email, a member of staff shall get back to you within two working days with instructions on returning the Products within two working days. Please note that these emails may fall into junk/spam folders. All items will be inspected once returned. We reserve the right to offer a partial or no refund if a returned Product is not unused, sealed and in the original packaging and/or the Product shows signs of damage, wear or mishandling resulting in a diminished value. Once a refund is authorised, please allow up to 14 calendar days for the refund to be processed. Please then allow a further 1-2 working days for the funds to show in your account.
In the event the Products returned to us do not meet these conditions referred to above or for the purposes of a warranty claim under Condition 10, then the cost of posting the Goods back to you will need to be paid by you prior to us arranging such posting.
We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our site will, on delivery and for the following 12 months, conform in all material respects with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all the purposes for which Products of that kind are commonly supplied.
11. OUR LIABILITY
- Subject to Condition 11.3, if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the Products.
- Subject to Condition 11.3, we will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions that fall into the following categories even if such losses result from our deliberate breach: (a) loss of income or revenue; (b) loss of business; (c) loss of profits; (d) loss of anticipated savings; (e) loss of data; or (f) waste of management or office time. However, this Condition 11.2 will not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property that are foreseeable or any other claims for direct loss that are not excluded by categories (a) to (f) inclusive of this Condition 11.2
- Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) any breach of the obligations implied by the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or under the Consumer Rights Act 2015; (d) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; (e) any deliberate breaches of these terms and conditions that would entitle you to terminate the Contract; or (f) any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
12. WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an Order, or in any of the ways specified in Condition 12 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
14. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
15. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: (a) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; (b) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; (c) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; (d) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; (e) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and (f) the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with Condition 13 above.
If any of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the subject matter of any Contract.
- We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us relies on, or will have any remedies in respect of, any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these terms and conditions or the documents referred to in them.
- Each of us agrees that our only liability in respect of those representations and warranties that are set out in this Agreement (whether made innocently or negligently) will be for breach of contract.
- Nothing in this Condition limits or excludes any liability for fraud.
19. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to Orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
20. LAW AND JURISDICTION
Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.